YMCA NATIONAL ADVOCACY DAYS
YMCA National Advocacy Days in Washington, D.C. – creates opportunities for high school students to gain practical, real-world experience advocating for policy solutions that help Ys address critical social issues in our three areas of focus: youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
The 2023 Youth Advocate Program at YMCA National Advocacy Days will take place February 12-15, 2023 in Washington, DC. Information about the specifics and logistics of the Youth Advocate Program can be found at www.ymcayag.org/yap
- Must be a current YMCA member or program participant
- Must be mature, motivated, and comfortable sharing their Y stories
- Interested in serving as advocates and leaders in their community
- Passionate about representing the Y on a national level
- Past Youth Advocate participants are not eligible to apply
- Freshmen, sophomores, and juniors will be given preference.
- Y-USA is looking for student representation that reflects all dimensions of diversity.
Program Fees & Transportation
The fee to participate in the Youth Advocate Program is up to $300, with the final amount to be determined based on philanthropic support. This program fee includes:
- Registration for National Advocacy Days
- Meals (except while traveling to/from DC)
- Hotel Accommodations (3 hotel nights).
This fee does not include transportation costs to/from DC.
Delegates can also work with their District Director and local Y to inquire about any opportunities to partially or fully cover their fees and/or transportation.
Watch the program spotlight below to learn more about the experience in DC, then click below to see the states and Ys represented by our current cohort of Youth Advocates: