The candidate manual goes over all our the leadership positions, their duties and what the qualifications are for each position. Read each qualifications very carefully to make sure you qualify before applying.
The application will open in September and are due before October 9th. Delegates applying for a position will need to commit to the following:
- Have completed our YMCA Texas Youth and Government Program Registration and we’ve received their Parent Approval Signature.
- Read the Candidate Manual entirely
- Completing the application
- Creating a platform
- Attending mandatory candidate training
- Get Approved
- Writing a speech to present at your District Conference
- Begin campaign after the Campaign Kick-Off Date
Questions or are you interested in applying? Speak directly to your Club Advisor or District Director.
No candidate can begin campaigning before October 6th. All candidates must be approved and must complete Candidate Training before they begin campaigning. All applicants must attend our mandatory Candidate Training on October 3rd at 5:00pm. Register for the event here!